12.24.2013

December 24th:

Ornament exchange and the reading of How The Grinch Stole Christmas and The Night Before Christmas


Last one!

It's the last day of the Christmas activity advent calendar. I'm not going to lie, this was a lot of work. And I don't just mean the creation of it, or just the execution of it, it was all of the things that happened outside of the activities that I couldn't plan for like play dates with friends, sickness and power outages. 

But it was all worth it because I learned a lot from this experience. The biggest thing I learned was that I had to stop stressing about all the things I think I should be doing and make time for the things I most definitely need to be doing, because the kids didn't care if I didn't get through a pile of mail or mopped the floors, they just enjoyed doing our activities together. And in making time to do those things, I feel like we were able to slow down time. Christmas and Thanksgiving were so close together this year, that I felt as though it was going to whip by. But by taking time everyday to do something meaningful together, it was as if we were able to stretch the days to make them last.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did a wonderful job with this! I didn't count how many I was involved with but it was exciting to be in ones that I didn't plan for!! Even the night because of the power outage, turned out fun.
Happy New Year
Love, mom/grandma