6.05.2007

My Four-legged Kids






This is the first of my crazy dogs. His name is Tucker and he is a Bichon Frise. I think that's French for "pain in the ass." He has terrible allergies, whines incessantly, has persistent bad breath that requires frequent teeth brushing (which he loves, of course), barks at random things, and needs constant attention. We are also convinced that he suffers from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. And those are his good qualities.

Oh, I make fun, but I love him very much. He is actually quite affectionate, he loves to just be near a warm body to get his belly rubbed. He is big for a Bichon, weighing in at 35 pounds. He doesn't know that he is that big and is under the belief that he is still a lap dog. I always think that he is quite dumb, but that just may be an act. He lets my daughter (ten months old to date) lean on him and pull on his ears and mouth with nary a complaint. He is my first baby and I love his guts.



On to the second crazy dog. This is Angel. We adopted Angel after her previous owner hit her with with a car and decided that she didn't want the eight month old pup anymore. After many surgeries and a lot of patience, she will probably outlive us all.


Her interests include ripping her brother's babies to shreds (especially if there is a squeaker inside), lounging in the sun, and giving kisses (watch out, she likes to give them French style). She hates to be wet and she would rather pee on the bathroom floor and face the consequences rather than put her dainty little toes on rain soaked grass. She is the sweetest dog and very smart. She has a wonderful mothering instinct and often runs to the kids if they are hurt or crying. Angel is a Rat Terrier and this breed is yet to be acknowledged by the AKC. I don't understand why, I mean look at her- she's gorgeous!

These are the only dogs my family has. We have had dog visitors while their parents vacationed, we have had stray dogs stay while we found their families, and we have fostered an animal here and there too. But as far as our children (furry or not) my rule is two at a time. No more dogs or kids than you have arms. You can meet my non-furry kids next time.

No comments: